If you are an individual in need, or just want to find out how you can become involved in your Parish by helping others, the Marthas’ Ministry wants to hear from you.
Mary Twellman is the Parish Coordinator. Call her if you need help or would like to help volunteer. 573- 324-8414
Some ways the friends of Martha's can help those temporarily in need:
- Grocery Shopping: Make a list and then let a friend of Martha pick up your groceries. Other local errands? We can help!
- Meals: Sometimes just getting a meal on the table is a huge challenge. Let our network of volunteers bring your meals so that you can concentrate on the more urgent matters at hand.
- Transportation: Our Volunteer Friends of Martha can help transport you to and from local appointments.
- Mass: Want to go to Sunday or weekday Masses but have no way to get there? A friend of Martha will pick you up and get you to the Church on time.
- Care Cards/Phone calls: These are personal notes and calls sent to those who have experienced a loss, birth, hospitalization, etc.
- Care Giver Relief: If you are a caregiver in need of some time to yourself, one of our volunteers will take your place in sitting with the individual you are responsible for.
- Simple Household Tasks: When you are unable, we will help with your laundry, dusting, vacuuming, etc.
- Visiting: Know someone in a retirement home or a rehab center with no local family or friends? Know someone who is sick or lonely? Allow a Friend of Marthas volunteer to pay them a visit.
- Small Pets: Are you worried about Fluffy needing to be let out or walked? Do the fish need to be fed? We can check to make sure everything is okay should you need to be away from home overnight.
- Household Repairs: Light repairs are provided for those who cannot or should not be doing them. (e.g., changing light bulbs, fixing a broken hinge, etc.)
- Letter writing: Want to send a note to a grandchild, a letter to a relative overseas, but arthritis or other condition makes writing by hand difficult? Allow a Friend of Marthas volunteer to do the writing for you. We’ll even provide the stationery and envelopes.