The St. Clement Pro-Life Committee works in conjunction with the Pike County Pro-Life Family Network. This group supports pro-life and pro-family efforts and is always willing to assist any woman in crisis pregnancy. The organization has various ongoing projects to promote education to the public:
- Distribution of pro-life yard signs
- Sponsorship of highway billboards through "Pro-Life America"
- Provides a larger pro-life banner for lending to churchs or groups
- Provides written and/or video materials concerning pro-life issues to individuals, groups, churches who request them
- Provide Christian magazine subscriptions to local doctor's offices
Other events sponsored by the pro-life group include a contest for the youth of Pike County in January to coincide with an annual Pro-Life Prayer Vigil, which commemorates Roe vs. Wade decision, an annual fundraiser breakfast in the spring and a large rummage sale in the fall. Parents are celebrated on Mother's Day by having roses for the moms and on Father's Day, a treat for dad is available at local participating churches for a small donation. The group also encourages individuals to go to pray outside the Planned Parenthood clinics in St. Louis and/or Columbia when schedules permit.
The group meets the third Monday of each month at the local Dairy Queen at 6 p.m. Anyone interested is always welcome.
Mary Oberman represents St. Clement for the Pro-Life Family Network. Mary can be reached at: 573-669-5346.